If the game you are playing has crashed, says it is "Running" but you don't see the game, you see Thanks for Playing, or the game isn't launching, the first thing to do is reboot your computer and relaunch the WildTangent Games app to automatically receive any updates to the app. If this is happening to more than one game, then try uninstalling and reinstalling the WildTangent Games app. If it is just one game with this issue, then uninstall and reinstall the game.
Because there could be a few different reasons for a game crash, freezing, or just not playing correctly, reinstalling the game will help with any issues with the previous installation.
Uninstalling a game:
1. Launch the Games App and go to "LIBRARY" from the top navigation.
2. Find the specific game in LIBRARY. Using the new search feature works great to quickly find games in Library. For example, start by typing the name of the game. Library will start to find the game with only a few characters typed.
3. Next, hover over the game tile of the game you want to uninstall. You will see a trashcan icon in the lower right. Click that trashcan.
4. Follow the prompts to remove the game from your Library.
Now, you will need to download and install the game again. There are two ways to do this:
If you do not own the game, you can search for it.
- Go to the Games App, click the Search Icon in the upper right corner.
- Type the name of the game in the search bar and press the Enter
- You will be direct to the game detail page.
- Click on the 'Try Free' button to start the download.
If you own the game, you can download it from your account.
Go over to the Unlocking Help Center Article for those steps.
If reinstalling the game does not resolve the Crashing, Running, or Thanks for Playing issue? Click the Submit button below and let Customer Support know that reinstalling didn't fix the issue. Be sure to include a DxDiag when you do to expedite troubleshooting.