If the game you are playing has crashed (or says it is "Running" but you don't see the game, or you see Thanks for Playing, and the game isn't launching), the first thing to do is reinstall the game. Because there could be a few different reasons for a game crash, freezing, or just not playing correctly, reinstalling the game will help with any issues with the previous installation.
Remove the game:
- Launch the Games App and go the 'My Games' tab in the upper left corner.
- Click on "Uninstall games" in the upper right corner.
- Click on the red circle with the X through it next to the game you are uninstalling.
- Follow the prompts to remove the game from your computer.
- Restart your computer to complete the process.
Next, you will need to download and install the game again. There are two ways to do this:
If you do not own the game, you can search for it.
- Go to the Games App, click the Search Icon in the upper right corner.
- Type the name of the game in the search bar and press the Enter
- You will be direct to the game detail page.
- Click on the 'Try Free' button to start the download.
If you own the game, you can download it from your account
Go over to the Unlocking Help Center Article for those steps.
If reinstalling the game does not resolve the Crashing, Running, or Thanks for Playing issue? Click the Submit button below and let Customer Support know that reinstalling didn't fix the issue. Be sure to include a DxDiag when you do, to expedite troubleshooting.