What is Steam?
Steam is a digital distribution platform developed by Valve Corporation in 2003 for the express purpose of distributing game software, hosting multiplayer functionality, and social networking. It is similar to other digital content services such as iTunes or Google Play and is currently the world's largest digital retailer for personal computer-based video games.
To utilize Steam, you must have a Steam account and the Steam Game Client, both of which are free. You can get them by clicking the below links:
How to use Steam Keys
- Once you have installed the Steam client, launch the client and enter your login credentials. When you are logged into your account, click the button in the bottom left corner that says "+ ADD A GAME…" to register the product key to your account.
NOTE: YOU CAN ONLY REGISTER STEAM KEYS THROUGH THE STEAM CLIENT, NOT THE WEBSITE! THERE IS NO "+ADD A GAME..." ON THE STEAM WEBSITE
- In the pop-up window, select the "Activate a Product on Steam" option. This will open up a new window.
- Follow the prompts, and paste or enter the numerical key you copied from your download page into the "Product Code" field.
Hit "NEXT>." If your key is valid, Steam will accept it and you will be taken to your library where you will be able to download and play your newly registered game!
- From your LIBRARY tab, you can see all games registered to your Steam account. You can then select a game and it will bring up a splash page with a large INSTALL button you can click on to install your games. Once your games are installed, the Install button will change to a PLAY button!
- You can install Steam on multiple computers and download your games to those computers through your Steam account.
- If you run into any problems with the Steam client or your Steam account, please check out the Steam Knowledge Base or contact Steam Support. We also highly recommend checking out the discussion forums in case your fellow players have found solutions to any problems you may be facing.
- For all other issues related to your purchase through WildTangent, please contact Steam Support for assistance.
- All sales are final. There are no refunds for purchased Steam Keys.